Friday, October 3, 2008

Fun on the Snoqualmie


I got a call yesterday from John Fiskum who is an elder at New Life Church and also a fellow fly-fishing enthusiast, asking me if I would be interested in taking a float trip. "Hecks yes!" I said. So I met him at Starbucks in Carnation, which if you don't know where Carnation is, you are well within the majority. 6:15 is early but worth it when there are cutthroat to be had. It was raining when we arrived at the launch and that means good cutt fishing. We floated for about 5 hours and caught a bunch of 7-8 inch sea-run cutts punctuated by a few 9-10 inchers and actually landed a couple 12 inch resident rainbows. The fish are brilliantly colored and full of spunk. The best part of the float came after I switched from a bright pattern to a drab olive fly. Feeling the pull of a fish that is larger than average really gets the heart going, When it came to hand, or net, it was 16+ inches; big for a sea-run cutt. It was a great trip and a fun day!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete