Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm 15 today!

Today marks the 15 year anniversary of my walk with Christ. What a long journey it has been! Growing, learning, changing, falling, climbing, running, walking; all with a purpose. The means to an end; becoming like Him. I can't say that I have achieved all that I wanted to, but I can say that I am a different person. Someone once said "I may not be where I want to be but thank God I'm not where I used to be."

15 years ago today I walked into a production of Heaven's Gates; Hell's Flames at a small Assembly of God church in Arlington, WA. It was not the greatest drama I had ever seen and I remember thinking that it was kind of corny, but at the end, when some guy got up and gave an invitation to accept Christ, I knew deep down that it was what I needed to do. So I did. I walked down from the balcony and surrendered my life. I don't remember the words I prayed, but I remember the feeling of being clean and lighter than air. I remember talking to a counselor but I have no idea what he said. I remember thinking that it would not be easy to live this life and I was right but for the first time in my life I had something worth living for.

Thanks to all those who worked on that production 15 Octobers ago. It made a difference to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment