Monday, January 26, 2009

7 Years

My oldest son turned 7 today. It doesn't seem right. I remember when he was born, feeling so inadequate and feeling like I had no idea how to be a dad. I guess you learn on the job.
I am so proud of the boy he is. He is generous and thoughtful. He is smart and curious. He is excited about life and loves to laugh. He is a good big brother and a well behaved son. He likes to dance when he thinks no one is watching. He likes to sing when he thinks no one is listening. When we ride to school in the morning, he is content in the back seat just thinking and looking out the window. He asks the occasional question or asks whether or not I remember a certain scene from a movie we have watched together, but mostly he is quiet. He is always thinking.
7 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment