Saturday, January 3, 2009

A River Runs Through It


Last night I got out my favorite movie. A River Runs Through It. It is the story of Norman and his brother Paul, the sons of a Presbyterian minister growing up in early 1900s Montana. I saw it a couple years ago on t.v. and enjoyed the scenery and the fishing. My wife got it for me for Christmas last year on DVD. Watching it now I love it because I connect emotionally with it on 4 levels. I relate as a father, watching two sons grow up. I relate as a son wanting to make a father proud, and I relate as a brother. I relate to the characters' love of nature and fly-fishing as well. It is a beautiful story of love, family and loss set in the beauty of pristine Montana. If you've never seen it, I would highly recommend it.

"Eventually all things merge together, and a river runs through it."

No comments:

Post a Comment