Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Jeep Wave

So I drive a Jeep Wrangler. It's a '97. Some day I would love to get one of those new Wrangler Unlimited 4-door models. Man, those are sweet. I see quite a few of them around and almost every one I see is driven by someone who has never owned a Jeep Wrangler before. How could I possibly tell that you ask? Because people who drive those do not know about the "Jeep Wave". The Jeep Wave is a small gesture made by Wrangler owners when they pass one another on the road. Generally with one hand on the steering wheel, the driver will raise two fingers in a casual manner. It conveys a sense of community; a shared misery only the owner of a Wrangler could understand. Leaky roofs and windows, broken suspension components, sketchy wiring, all things we are familiar with. It's all part of the mystique that is Jeep ownership. That's why we wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment