Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Beautiful People

Someone gave me a copy of Jason Upton's CD "Beautiful People" over a year ago, but for some reason, I never listened to it. It sat un-played in my CD case until about a month ago. I was home by myself and I needed to get the house picked up before my wife came home so I decided to throw it on. If you've never experienced Jason Upton, you might not have any idea what I'm talking about, but if you have, you know. There is an anointing on that guy's songs, something that resonates with my spirit and soul. I was trying to pick up the house but I kept having to stop and fall on my knees, weeping. It was like an encouraging letter from a friend that got lost in the mail and arrived precisely when I needed it. I have found myself a rough situation of late, and hearing Jason sing "I will never leave, I will never leave you children, I will never leave you alone" Was exactly what I needed and need to hear from God. Had I listened to that CD a year ago when things were great, the songs might not have had the same effect now. I believe God has used those songs to minister to me in a tough time. Reminding me that I am not alone, regardless of my situation. Looking back at my life, I can see God's hand in my struggles, and in my victories. No matter what I face, I know that I am not alone. Check out www.jasonupton.com. You can stream his music 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment