Saturday, June 21, 2008

Road trips and inside jokes

I got to go on a road trip yesterday and I love road trips! A couple of us went white water rafting. I will spare you the details for now but I will tell you that there was a 14 foot waterfall involved. One of my favorite things about road trips is developing inside jokes. Inside jokes are awesome because I enjoy awkwardness and when you reference an inside joke in mixed company, there is always an awkward laugh from someone who isn't sure what you are talking about but thinks they might know. Then there is the awkward conversation where you have to explain that the reference you made was in fact to an inside joke. It's not that I like making people feel dumb: I just like to laugh. So if you ever hear me say something that is obviously supposed to be funny but you don't think it is, just assume that I am making a reference to a hilarious inside joke. Because that's probably what happened and somebody somewhere is laughing hysterically. A-like so: "I've never seen a white salmon, but I have seen a white whale. Snap."

Hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious. Where exactly did you see this white whale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it in Lake Ki, northwest Washington. It's kind of an inside joke...

    ReplyDelete