Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Chains as tambourines

I named this blog after a line in a song that I wrote that says "I'll use these chains as tambourines". It was inspired by Acts 16:25 when Paul and Silas were in the prison and praising God at midnight. I imagine that they were in such a state of mind that they would have used anything they had to praise God, including their chains. As people that have been set free, we should use our old chains as instruments of praise to God and testimonies of His life-changing power. Our past mistakes and bondages serve as reminders of His goodness. They are messages of hope to those who need to hear.

I will try to begin this blog by adding an entry once a week.
Thanks for reading,
Sam

3 comments:

  1. The story of Paul and Silas in prison is one of my favorites. Great post. I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. What if your chains were people. There isnt anyone in my past that i would shout with, and i know i'm considered the same by being a part of others pasts. i know this because all the x-ians i know leave their past and the people in it behind them. But whatver folks have to do to simulate happiness and holiness. you asked what i thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrote that song? That's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete