Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Monkey scientists

I was driving with my boys the other day and I was asking them about their recent trip to the zoo. I was asking them what kind of animals they saw and if they saw any monkeys. My oldest said "There are 100 different kinds of monkeys." I said that I would have to agree because I didn't know whether or not there actually are 100 different kinds of monkeys. If there are, I can't say I would be shocked. Then he said "I bet nobody can name all the kinds of monkeys." I said that he was probably right but maybe a monkey scientist could, to which my youngest exclaimed "Yeah, like one that could talk!" Now I was referring to a person who studies monkeys, but his 3 year old mind immediately conjured up images of a monkey wearing a white lab coat and holding a clipboard saying things like "Hmmm, very interesting." I assume if there actually were a monkey who could manage to keep a lab coat on and be comfortable around Bunsen burners and graduated cylinders, he probably could name all the kinds of monkeys. It would probably be pretty important to him.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious. The best conversations I have in a day are the ones with my 8 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I forgot to tell you we are using a picture of Clayton for the Baptism wall. It's a cool pic.

    ReplyDelete