Saturday, June 21, 2008

Colbie Caillat and cabriolets


As a man, there are standards of accepted behavior in all facets of life. Some are more concrete than others. For example; Men should never own a VW Rabbit Cabriolet as their primary vehicle. I had a friend in high school who had one and we teased him about having a "girl car". He always said that it was a "girl-getting car". That never panned out for him however, and the standards were again reinforced. Music is another. I was on a road trip yesterday which was a blast. A few of us drove four+ hours to go white water rafting on the White Salmon River in south-central Washington. I will spare you the details for now but suffice it to say that there was a harrowing rescue and knife play involved. Yes, really. Anyhow, where was I? Oh yeah, standards. So sometimes there are songs that I just can't seem to get out of my head and one of those songs is "Realize" by Colbie Caillat. Not exactly a manly beat-your-chest-and-jump-around anthem but I love it and I am constantly singing it. This can be awkward especially when on a guys only fishing trip or some such endeavor. Trust me on this one. It can be disheartening to your fishing/hunting partner to hear you on the trail behind him singing "If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for eachother and we'd never find another." So on this road trip I cant remember how many times we listened to that song but I know that I kept saying "ok one more time". Again, not real manly but what can I say? It's a great song. So sorry to my road trip fellows and also to my fishing buddy, you know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment