Monday, June 30, 2008

366 days

Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary on staff at New Life Church. I expect cake by the way. I thought I'd share with you a few things I have learned, (or "learnt" as they say in Marysville) over the last 366 days. It was a leap year this year.

1. I learned about Business Time. Look it up on Youtube.

2. I learned that just because Pastor Troy doesn't laugh at your joke, it doesn't mean he didn't think it was funny; he was probably just thinking of something else at the time.

3. I learned that a Kawasaki 700 quad will roll a LONG way when tipped just right.

4. I learned that sudden stops frighten Jana to the extent that they produce high-pitched-shrieks. I take advantage of this whenever I can.

5. I learned what a male intern looks like in a dress and makeup dancing to Copa Cabana. And in a turtle costume as well.

6. I learned some new words courtesy of Bryan Reynolds. Appropriate words of course. Most beginning with the prefix "sick-".

7. I learned that if you keep asking for lime wedges at Applebees, they will keep bringing them to you.

8. I learned what it means to have a patient and forgiving boss.

9. I learned how to be a better worship leader and still learning.

10. I learned that I still have so much to learn, it isn't funny.

11. I learned that whatever I'm going through, it's not the end of the world. Unless of course it is the actual end of the world. In which case all the other problems I have would seem pretty small by comparison anyway.

12. I have the best job in the world. How many people can say that?

So I'm glad to call New Life Church my home and excited for what is to come in the next 365 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment