Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back From Vacation

Well, I am back from vacation, feeling rested and refreshed. We got to see a lot of friends and enjoy some time away. We spent an afternoon walking around downtown Bend going into the shops and walking along the river. We camped for a couple days but with 5 boys ages 6 and under between our two families, it was quite an ordeal. I led worship at our old church, that was fun. I got to get out fishing a couple times and had a good time doing that. I pulled a 16 1/4" rainbow out of the Crooked River Saturday evening which equaled the largest fish I've ever caught in a river. I wanted to take a picture of it but by the time I got it to hand and measured it against my rod, I didn't want it to be out of the water any longer so I held it up quickly for my buddy to be jealous of, and then slipped it back into the water and it said "goodbye" with a splash of it's tail as it swam away. It was long and slim with brilliant white on the bottom and dark blueish green on the back. Speckled and spotted with the trademark rainbow-red stripe. Man, talking about it makes me want to go fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment